Monday, July 5, 2010

Subaru STI boost up

Subaru STI boost up



Got an assignment to tune up a Stock Subaru STI that morning, and after a quick exchange of contact and stuff, we fixed up an appointment to Dyn's ride tuned up and good for the road.

Ride arrives sounding like a rocket or something. Hmm, I notice he still has the stock bonnet. Bright yellow in colour and excellent looking body kits. Popping the bonnet, we saw a massive top-mount intercooler and a turbo that smiles. I managed to talk to his turbo, after a quick hand shake and stuff, turbo told me he is also stock. Right. I might have seen him somewhere before, though in my memory, turbo does look kinda innocent for starters.

Gear 1, Dyn's STI sprints forward. Turbo kicks in as early as 2500 rpm and pulls right on to red line. At 1 bar of boost, the engine shows signs of detonation. I started scratching my head, then my balls, my balls says the turbo's stock. lolz...
Gear 2, Turbo kicks in instantly, and have breath to pulls all the way to redline. What in the world did this owner did to his ride? Hmm,...stock... lolz...

What we did on this ride is to tune up the ride to spool up quicker than before, ensuring engine is still happy and boost enough to tell the owner, your stock injectors are now maxed out. Of course, if more horsepower is desired, we can recommend upsizing the injectors, and going for forged internals.

Tuning this ride is simple enough for me. This ride now packs with much more torque than before, no more detonations and stuff, and loads of bhp to play with. Definately, if owner sticks to his high boost all the time, the low boost will now feel like granny on sticks.

After 1.5 hours of tuning, this ride's performance is safely improved with loads of low-end torque and enough breath to pull to redline. I'm respecting the owner's choice to keep the vehicle's parts discrete, and again, turbo is stock, nothing's modified on this ride, just a little tune up and stuff.

Verdict:
K'dyn Subaru 2.5 STI
Shoik!


Power Express
2am Racing

No comments: