Saturday, July 24, 2010

J's Subaru 1.5R

It was previously tuned by a pro. tuner. J's ride arrived with erratic idling, with the aircon on, the ride sounded like it has high-lift cams installed, rather, it is more irritating to know that the ride is worse than stock after it was tuned.

The wiring looks like the tuner is out for some quick cash, nothing quite like it was done with consideration to the asthetic effects. Knowing that wires are pretty much conceal in the ECU compartment, I still felt that pro. should maintain the market's standard and do the wiring in a professional manner.

Well, time is money of course, I personally prefer to spend that additional 1.5 hours to clean up the wiring and return the luster to the ECU compartment. Making sure all wire are properly soldered and insulated against the elements.

After setting up Unichip parameters, I fired up the engine. The entire car sounds completely stock. Idling is stable, no fluctuation whether it is with the aircon on or off. I noticed J's dissappointment when the car sounds so stock. lolz...

J, like I said, I'm sorry, if the car is gonna be loud, please operate the muffler. I wouldnt screw up the mappings to produce that fierce sound. lolzz....

Perfect idling.

Tuning is simple enough for me. My style is simple, do not let the car 'season' by itself, while some would beg to differ, I personally prefer to not allow the ECU to relearn in any way, but the way I want it to be. More horsepower and more torque, while all else remains intact. Better fuel consumption and better drivability.

Simple? well, J's a happy man now..... This ride comes stock with variable cams, producing one of the finest TS in Subaru's range thus far.

Tuning this ride does bring back memories, happy ones, good old days....

Lets NOS this ride yah?

lolz...

stay happy, drive safely,

2am Racing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.