Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mazda MX-5 Miata


Mazda MX-5 Miata

2 months back, I got the opportunity to work on a very very rare Mx-5 miata. This ride comes stock turbo-charged. What I need to do is boost it up a little and then tune the ride, at the same time, remove the rev limiter.

Owner is a doctor brudder... I tell you la, you go and see doctor, they use those ET ears and stick on your neh neh... then they poke thermometers into your mouth to measure the temperature... These smarties are truely a different breed of people... everytime I look myself in the mirror, I still think I can be an astronut, but, cb lah... if my dick longer by 1 inch, I can at least be president of sillypore...

anyway, locktors are damn sensitive and very very detailed lor... I think those see pimples one even more particular lor... see pimples leh... wah lao, whats there to see? but, they must tell you very detail report on that pimple also lor...

So, I tune a doctors car... YEAH!! everyone, raise your arms in the air and shake those armpit hair!! woo hoo... boom boom boom... kekeke :)

Eh, fark u understand, every little pimple on my tuning also kenna bang balls lor... sam, you cb, next time can recommend more construction workers? especially those from the IR one...

to be fair, the owner is very forgiving liaoz... he has a very kind heart and his knowledge on cars can beat any ah-de-ah-kao hands down. I left my maps unlocked on this ride. This is the only ride I left my tuning unlocked... so, please don't go download and spread... those are my special methods in tuning... yah. I say special means special hahahaha

owner shares the theory on oil pressure to measure the suitabilty of oil vicosity on different rides. You see, after I tok to loktor long enough, I also become complicated liaoz... hahaha

Ok, tuning this ride is truely a challenge. Removing rev-cut takes half my brain cells... the other half is to solve the frequent bogs in the car... So, to cook this dish properly, tweaking the temperature sensors is required. Cannot tell you how though, coz, sam reads my blog site too... then spark plugs also must tweak a little here and there... then lamdba sensor there also must touch touch a little.

The mappings with and without temperature sensor tweaking is totally different lor. To begin with, I think in my opinion, the base map got a little bit of problem la... the close loop setting is a little too lean during spool ups and can cause the car to have some problem. The other pesky problem is after idling for some time, the cel light will illuminate by itself, and the solution to this is in the ignition systems. Cel code says its ignition or coil circuit malfunction. Cel seems to point to wiring of the emanage Ultimate.

Anyway, solve already, sam is damn smart lor... tiu.

Ok, on this ride, car pulls very strong on spool ups, 3000~3500 rpms will be the best region to feel the effects of a mid ranged turbo. Overall, I think this ride is fabulous. Its got the looks, the feel and the power of a sports car. Everything you see on this doc's car comes with a wealth of knowledge and lots of research. What I know is nothing comparable, so, it is good to reveal my humble tuning methods to people like that. They take and enhance their knowledge further... again tuning to me is really for fun but, I do respect the rice bowls of other professional tuner around, so, charges wise, please go to sam :)

Now, doc's car runs on olins suspensions... he told me some 5kg of something something, hiaz... me tuning boleh boleh... other thing cannot la... no choice. lam pah also big and small, what to do...

Like all cars after turbo charging. Please try not to boost during warm-up phase... and also give the car some cooling down time for the turbo to wind down... this is ah pek's old theory for engine's longevity, so, please take note...

anyway... this ride is already out of production liaoz... verdict?

Verdict:
hahaha... damn good. Exotic ride. Limited edition, sillypore only have 2 of this model. In the world, less than 5000 produced.

No comments: