Friday, February 6, 2009

Car Modifications

Car Modifications

Every now and then, I have people asking me why I modified my ride. Why I made the car this fast and waste so much money on it... well, then I would ask what an ideal weekend would be for them, or sometimes, I would ask, which country did they visited lately.

The answer from them can sometimes be amazing, for one, they just took 3 months of no-pay leave and went on a round-the-world trip of their life. Well, the amount of money they spent on that trip can easily buy you a GT-R and still have enough cash for a trip to Camaeroon... There's some who would spend the weekend going to Batam for golf, and they amount of money they wasted on that S-yard golf club is insane. Well, they say it improves their strokes and that Odessey putter which can easily match the price of a TD-04 turbo can improve their putting. hmm...

Then there are some that spent so much on that gaming console, using the latest Nvidia graphics card which can easliy pay for a bolt-on turbo kit, and to set up the entire 2 mb core2 duo processer with Scarzi cards, ohh... thats gonna cost a bomb.

Then there are some which spent thousands on every new year for that famous geomancer to have their feng shui told for their houses. They would then spend a couple more thousand to do what their Si-fu instructs them.

Oh, then for me, it is just to make my car faster, smelling the exhuast fumes, rubbing turbos and stuff... not too evil I guess... For me it is that andrenaline rush on a drag race, the satisfaction of tuning a ride that is fast, smooth and for that feeling of achievement when the car pulls that red-line. When it all works out, the feeling is as good as a hole-in-one on a par 3. When the car wins the race, the feeling goes round the world in 1 minute. Well, it make me happy :)

I always say, the thing that makes you smile is priceless. If it make you laugh, remember it. In life, there are so many things that floats around and many of them arrives at your door step uninvited. Those times, you just want to leave it as-is and call it quits. A trip to the workshop for me settles everything ... hahaha funny... yes... it does. Fortunately, there are more like myself around who prefers car modification more than gambling, or golfing... :) So, I'm not alone I guess...

I know of a doctor who goes under the car and change his engine oil himself.... he got his hands covered with oil dirt and some of these goes on his face. Mind you... he is not a Vet... he gives you the MC for the day so that you can go fishing without taking your precious annual leave. So, doctor goes under the car and meddle his ride... you see, Doc's car is done up with lots of reading and knowledge, most of the things he did comes with tonnes of read up and explanation. A lot of room for error and much more for that practical experience which only a few is priveledged enough to experience it.

If I'm a doctor,.... hmm... I donno what I'll be doing... maybe thats why I'm not doctor... Sam calls himself car-doctor.... so he calls his workshop speed-clinic... hahahaha... cb right? hahahaa... i call myself nurse lor... hahahaha cb!! CB nurse hahahaha.... tuning nursing..... ok ok... enough ... hahaha... NURSE!! muahahahaha... doctor screws nurse... hahaa...okokok..

And you thought this thread is gonna explain car modifications? hahaha... fark la... I hate my day job coz, no one listens to me anymore.. hahaha... at least in car modification, every people listen to everyone... owner tells their stories... you tell them yours... everyone listens to everyone... at least for Sam that is....

I'm a straight forward person...this at times can offend people which I can only apologize when there's a chance to do so,... sometimes, it about mistakes we make... well,... good, it only shows us human to its very core... though its rare, but, still have one la... the only way to go about this is to forge a good working relation between the racer and us. Similarly in WRC, where the relation between the wrc driver and the pit crew is paramount. Crew must know what driver is experiencing, only then can they progress. Similar to F1, the passion of racing is ozzing from every bit of action we see. Thats why F1 is still in the sports section of the straits times and not in the political or worse money section. If it ends up in the advertisment section only, then motorsport is screwed. Experience does help us alot, but, there is always something new in the market, and because sam and myself is always going for the latest technology, placed us in this zone of discomfort. Its exciting no doubt about it and fortunately, we have customers who enjoys them as much as we do. Its a passion click thing which is a must have for our customers. Well, business wise, if it is to close a deal, then we stick to the traditional sure works method. This sadly falls under 90% of our job. And trust me, I always grumble when it comes to mundane job of tuning a stock ride or maybe a puny turbo boosting 1.5 bars, I only grumble to sam of course... no choice, still have to do, but, good news is that the 10% of new tech bring a fresh scent of excitement which till today, still exists... The recent turbo kits for our very new 1.5 Lancer Ex bring me fresh incense which carries a lot of satisfaction which my daily work sadly lacks by far.

Its not always about horsepower... if you havent really noticed... It about the trills of car modifications. These trills comes at a cost of course and only regular dose of this potion can keep many of us alive and going. So, for those who eagerly waits for that yearly trip to neverland, I'll wait for sam to do his turbo kit for Lancer 1.5 Ex hahahaha... that powervalve for that Vios... OMG! wet...

Stay safe, keep smiling and see you guys soon...

Kudos!

No comments: