Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ronny's Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 Ex turbo

Ronny's Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 Ex turbo


To begin with, the Evo 10 and this particular Ex model is extremely difficult to tune. Jia xiong's the second to turbo charged his lancer Ex and Ronny's the third in sillypore.

P1241, P1234, P1235 cel codes. At times, P1233... If this rings a bell, you have most likely already modified your Mitsubishi. Either it is a HKS SSQV, vent to atmosphere BOV, or you have likely installed an aftermarket ECU like Unichip or Emanage ultimate in your ride. This irritating phenomenon is prevalent in the latest Mitsu models, particularly in the lancer Ex and the Evo 10 models.

A glance at these 2 models, we have one of the latest stock ecu in the market. Running on CAN-bus protocol, which means your ecu communicates with the sensors in your car at 500 k/bps and have a processor which is so damn powerful. If you compare this ECU to other car models like Lancer GLX or subaru 1.6 TS, those are running on 16 bits. Subaru 05 STI, 32 bit. With the increase in processing power, it can now control the car with the multitude of sensors and also control the latest version of the Drive-by-wire system. With this in mind, I now introduce a turbo into the car, what happens next is that all these freaking cel codes starts lighting up like x'mas tree... farking hell...

Probably due to economic slow down globally, Mitsubishi now installs the latest technologies available previously in high end makes into its latest range of cars. With Mivec, drive-by-wire, and stuff... they even make the ECU trigger seat belt warning beeps from the in-car stereo speakers! Even your farking 'ding' sound, which you hear in commercial air planes can be produced from the Lancer Ex!! OMG!

To a tuner, this is hell!! By now, all these P1234, P1241 and stuff... CB lor... Finally got it SOLVED!

P1241... try searching the internet. If you can find a solution, dinner on me. If you can find the meaning of this fault code and how it is triggered, 10x dinner on me... CB lor... It is so damn bad, cocky car doctor Sam sat down with me on the third day tuning this ride 'discussing' passionately about how the fault codes are triggered. Now, with day 1 tuning till 5am, day 2 tuning till 3am, day 3 till 2am ! I love 2am. I always solve it at 2 am! hahaha

Sam kept telling me how these fault codes are triggered. Bombarding me with this old man theories... omg! I can tell from his face when I told him, " If you wanna stick to your old school theories, I got nothing to say!" hahaha... he was a little pissed off hahaha... coz, he always considers himself as king of the durian cb hill, hey, talking to an Engineer from sillypore poly with donkey years of experience, hahaha... not easy.

Our next Lancer GLX turbo owner saw us 'discussing' hahaha... I can tell he is wondering how come these 2 are talking like dat... hahaha... Finally, I asked sam "OKOK! I am very tired already... Solution? Yours or mine?" ... hahaha... he say try mine. "CB lor..."

Tuning the Lancer Ex. I have had a head start. Jia Xiong has been feeding me information on how to trigger the fault codes. I am eternally grateful to him. Much more for fueling my passion for tuning, in time, I will repay his help. Ronny is equally patient lor... Ronny is a handsome chap... If I am gay, I would stick my dick into his ass... suck his dick dry if theres any left hahaha... Very handsome, tall, smart, speaks good classy english, got money, good with people... ok... I'm not gay... fark you...

Foregoing convention tuning methods is a good start. Studying and more studying on the latest technology in the market and dare to replicate the problem and be very very very accurate with your foundations is essential to all who aspire to tune this Advanced machine.

The results? Well, owner has a Piv@t Drive-by-wire mod in his car, which doesnt seem to work on this model .... this indicates the owner prefers a livelier car than a smoothy granny on a walking stick... So, tuning the drive-by-wire to open the throttle giving more response is part of the tuning plan. This caused this Lancer Ex to have tremondous amount of low end torque. With TD04 turbo installed, powerband wise... same as Jia Xiong. 200 bhp on dyno. hmm... making power is not a problem with me... Most of the time, limiting the bhp is what I do and I prefer preserving the engine. Dear subaru TS 2.5 owner... you know what I mean... hahaha... If 200 bhp is not enough... please... give me forge pistons and cons... I'll give you the power.

This ride is running on petrol Ron 95 (octane). Which means, Jia xiong, I'll retune your ride to 95 petrol if it pleases you... :) Ron 98? More torque, More power of course. It depends on you... just let me know... Ronny say 95 is good... so 95 lor... last time he pump 98... Sam ask him pump 95... save money hahahaha...

Finally, after completing tuning this ride, we had the chance to sprint 0~100 with a Sonata Taxi. hahahaha.... cb lor... in our car, (ronny went home to rest liaoz...) we have derrick-san, and his friend, me and Dr Sam... hahaha... "Lai liaoz! Lai Liaoz ! hahaha" sam said excitely as he eagerly waits for the traffic lights to turn green, like a kid yearning for sweets, and glancing at the merging lane ahead, uncertainty increases as the hands of the clock ticked by. Derrick laughing his ass off at our kiddo reaction... Sonata Taxi damn fast lor... hahaha...


Green!! Go!! Luckily, I forced the Drive-by-wire to open! The low-end till 3000 rpm, Lancer Ex is side by side with the screaming Sonata, screaming like you're squeezing the Taxi's breast.... Once the our rpm hits 3300 rpm, the turbo enters its powerband. The relentless force of the WRX turbo forces air into the engine. A surge that presses down the rear lowered springs and the RPM takes a swipe at the dashboard. Sonata taxi is 2 cars behind us, Lancer Ex's auto tranmission switches gear very quickly, gear 2 places the rpm in 3300 rpm, turbo smiles at this sweet spot, the car surges forward even faster on gear 2. We are now 5 cars in front of the Sonata Taxi. 200 horses pulling 4 pax, gear 3, we are alone. Sam is extremely happy. Ever since he got his EG9 turbo with 350 bhp, he now continues to pull to 150 km/h. Punching in the air "Yeah!! we win!! yeah!! I win TaXi ..." CB lor... we laugh till tear rolled down... deep down, the sense of achievement and the hardwork these 2 months finally paid off.... From tuning Ronny's ride, twice I wanted to give up. I almost told sam "...I give up..." But, twice in the wee hours till 5am that day, I wanted to say it... When I saw his face, I couldnt say it. He is so determined and immensed in his "work". It is the friendship that my conscience refused the words from my lips. Curses and swearing... Ronny knows... was all I had... I think Ronny can sense my frustration and hopelessness... But, the moment we went past the Sonata Taxi, the feeling of achievement, No farking cb cel code... No farking P1241 cel code... Just pure power and acceleration, smooth as butter. Please, if you're masturbating while reading this, you're normal.

I went home that evening fully charged. Sam is speechless drowning all the threories of his... hahaha... anyway... I know one la... he will still insist on his Dr Sam's theories... I can tell deep down, today, Tuner win. Let me enjoy this victory today...

Now that I made it work. With the help from good kakis that surrounds us, I now say Misubishi Lancer is one of the best ride to have. With Mivec and Drive-by-wire and a very sophisicated stock ECU in your pockets, making them work for you only makes you a formidable tuner, a tuner with a wide arsenal tools at your disposal.

Nevertheless, the most difficult cars to tune till date. Being first to successfully turbo charge a Lancer Ex without cel codes! I give Sam and me a pat on the back. Owners of the first batch of Lancer Ex turbos? orgasmic.

We put in WRX TD04 Turbo, Turbo Boost controller, HKS SSQVV BOV, HKS open pod filter, high grade stainless steel pipings, silicon hoses, big injectors, Unichip Q with turbo module, all the knowledge... hell lots of time...


2am Racing

No comments: