Friday, October 1, 2010

Kia Picanto Turbo!!

Heres when it first arrived. It was tuned by someone else, the tune was so good, it felt so good, it felt like stock. The turbo was spooling a good amount of high boost but the pulls was so fantastic, it seriously felt totally stock. I dunno about you but, to be able to tune the ride till stock is damn power lor... lolz...

Heres how the dyno chart looks like...



Ok, owner was sadden by many hiccups during this horrific period that agony and anguish beyond tears, beyond words. He loved his ride man, I mean seriously, someone who enjoys what he does and with care built this ride to something wonderful. But, the tune was something which saddens him tremendously. It wasnt like that before.......

When we went on the dyno, all we wanted was a smoother ride. I didnt have much of a choice since the hardware was equally wonderful, there is nothing less but a proper tune to make the best of the hardware.

From 68 bhp, we touch a good 88bhp. As I looked at the dyno graphs, it wasnt even close to optimal. However, the owner was already all smiles! Damn stress lor... at 88, the ride is already above the 50% margin on base 50 bhp, and looking at the hardware begging to go beyond, short changing the ride would mean a ride that drives like a camel.

The moment we hit the 108bhp figures on a turbo charged picanto, my guys scream!! "Huat ah!!" Meng zhai bellowed!! hand punching in the air, I too joined in the wonder! The whole workshop was filled with cheers and laughter! OMG, 108bhp on a turbo charged picanto, it is beyond expectations.

Power band is now extremely smooth, with G forces at work from 3000 rpm to 4800 rpm! When the owner was testing the ride, he zoomed past my workshop and I chanced a glance at his all smiling countenance!

As he was telling me how happy he was, I could feel inside him, he was extremely satisfied.

Here we have a nicely done up Kia Picanto Turbo. Truely Small and Mighty.

"Can Fly!!" was the sms I got after the owner went home that evening.... :)


No comments: