Friday, October 15, 2010

From James....

With permission from the writer.... heres an email which I really felt had flare and very well written... I you guys would enjoy it as much as I do man... lolz...

Hi Joseph,

After reading your blog, i was amaze by you giving so much more punch to the machine. i was wondering whats went wrong to my set up with emanage blue tuned! I have been asking/ searching / reading / about modding which is better and true gain for my Honda Stream RN6. So had decided to have a light setup for my ride before get tune,

Open pod gave me bad impression for my previous ride so i stay stock with drop in K & N filters No C.A.I. using aftermarket header with high flow cat & approve Fuji's exhaust. D1 throttle controller and R.S.M that's all.. my friend intro me to "XXXXXXX" tuner my first thought was wahh... XXXXXXX lei! should no issue to him since the product is made in Jipun! decided made an appointment with the tuner. The day had come i was so excited how my ride would be over the week-end sure have lots of fun with it!


Operation had started, watching them installing.. THEN.. XXXXXXX catches my eyes, he seem like 1st timer doing it man looking at the manual book and searching tapping the wire makes me start to worry!! to let myself not to think too much i went for kopi and back in an hour time, just nice they had done up the wiring and preparing for tuning.


Its fun time!! My Stream start yelling covering my ear and watching them doing, praying hard for improvement on torque & some bhp increased and "Vtec" controlled! Saw the tuner keep pressing the keyboard very fast and hard!! after every each hard ram, his head keep shaking! it seem like they are facing some problem! didn't see using his laptop for tuning keep looking at the monitor and shake head... the process was about 8min nia and stop!.. he walk towards me and told me the gain was "0"%! wat the ..... dammm... my mine total empty! ask him what is the problem how come no gain at all??? the only answer he gave was "Honda" cars is like that wan, if you lucky can gain 0 - 3% max to 5%bhp! My mind start telling me knn ecu is like "tikam" ahh, if lucky to get this ecu i can get gain not lucky no gain ahh! Lucky draw ahh! request to check and re-tune, replay with checked and tuned to the best already!

Sooo sad... after waiting for hours money spent and nothing further can be done the best part is 0 gain!! cry all way home for shower keep thinking there sure something wrong, if nothing wrong must be giving me short cut service! Impossible with these light mod & emanage blue tuned was 0% gain.


Give my ride a test, floor board all the way feel like pumping very hard liao but butt not moving every gear change pull up very slowly seem like very heavy loaded only the exhaust sound louder nia hear the sound like monster machine but slow like turtle, try a week later with higher octane petrol, same same... start to search about emanage and understand more about this piggy nothing much in return. very disappointed with the result and some how feel like giving up
coz come to concept still a auto car cannot expect too much on it.

Yesterday night nothing to do, search again lor and somehow link into your blog, after reading some article and get to search on stream, Oh Yes there were some reviews on stream! i had read all of them. I like you wrote:
"we felt the car can do better with a more personalized mapping. I felt the mapping is very much across the board kind of tuning, which works for most cars, but in my opinion, if we can do a more personalized mapping, we can maximize the full potential of this ride."

"We guessed that if honda is going to put in a mapping like our, many would have felt that the honda stream is a little too aggressive for grandpa."

"Stream is quite detuned with it comes out from the factory. Expect a more 'vtec' like car after tuning with minor stage 2 modifications." and many more.. Sorry for the copy and paste without your notice. This had make my ride alive again! if possible would like to have some technical advise and appreciate is there any time slot for me to drive down for you guys to do a check on the wiring connection and advise from you guys why with this light mod with tune is a 0 gain?!?


Thank You.
Steady bom pi pi writer...


Regards

No comments: