Friday, June 8, 2007

Proton Wira Turbo Charged



Proton Wira Turbo Charged





Yes! Its a proton wira with a TD04 Turbo installed and fully tuned with Greddy emanage Blue Unit.

My initial feelings of this car is that the engine may not be able to withstand the on-slaught of forced induction. During test drives however, I noticed that the enigne response is very different and decided to probe further into the engine's setup. I discovered that the engine internals have been modified. Ha ha ha.
First off, Greddy emanage does not officially support Proton in its list of manufacturer and finding one configuration that allows us to run the engine smoothly without complication is the hardest part. The complete turbo setup for this car is very well done churning a stable 0.4 bars of boost all the way to 7000 rpm. Torque is fully packed at the 3500 region where the car produces a full 0.4 bars of boost at any gear. This causes the stock proton's clutch to slip under that massive amount of torque as compared to stock.

When the tuning has completed at 11:30pm that evening, owner was still around and decided to go to a test drive of the final product. At the first traffic light junction, we have the TIBS taxi beside us and I noticed the owner floored the accelerator to 100% during move off... In my mind, I was thinking that if we didnt win this taxi, we're gonna be screwed...

I could hear the desiel engine revving away and ourselves simply pulled past the cab and continued pulling till the next traffic. Not bad for a start. hahaha

I told the owner... "lucky we win man... if not jia lat!" hahaha... both of us laughing our ass off...

A happy proton wira owner, hand shaking here and there... a few tips on how to race that turbo... we're done for the day... When he do up his clutch to hyper single... we're gonna dyno it at sam's expense... hahaha. Cool!

Remember.... its a proton. Yes, for those who know me... Yes, I tuned a proton!!
Raw TD04 Turbo

No comments: