Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Left Behind

Left Behind

Red is the colour of Anxiety. Amber tell you the race is about to start. Red keeps you staring with numbers churning endlessly in your brains, the roar of the engine, the perfect launch, the perfect drag race.

I have my mildly souped up 1.6 litre japanese baby revving on the start line, glancing over the puny picanto on my right, I can't help but grin and smile to myself, the self fulfilling pride that my cold air intake gives is the perfect ingredient for my NA ride. Green On! Go!

I jammed my foot flat on the pedal, smiled again. hehe... I glanced at my side mirror to see that smoked turkey and proud that my newly installed straight through is gonna make that picanto think twice before revving next time... There was no image on the side mirror! The hatch-backed puny freak's front bumper started to get in front of my japanese bento, I was left behind. CB! I stepped harder on my japanese accelarator, any harder the pedal would dent my precious japanese floor board. My eyes opened wider as the freak picanto started his act of tearing up my japanese sushi. This farking korean kimchi left my screaming ride behind as he pull out of my shadows. "Psshht!" Wow, CB picanto got turbo! It's HKS SSQV reveals the turbocharger, what lies beneath the bonnet packs the picanto with so much power, I could only keep my pedal floored as the Picanto left my japanese bento behind. "urrghh.... ba-kei-ro!"

Picanto Turbo runs on a small turbo which spools up around 3500 rpm, upon reaching this magical number, the turbo's forced induction jams the cylinders with positive pressure that propels the kimchi onwards. Kia's engineering came a long way, if it was the North Koreans that manufactured this baby, I wouldn't be surprised to find nuclear powered battery cells inside... :) Tuning this ride is as fun as tuning a 650 bhp ride, everywhere you go, people would turn and give you that awe struck look, some would even go on and say the word "Picanto Turbo!!", with the OMG expression. The feeling of smacking a 1.6? hahaha... beyond words!

What we have on this ride, fully done up exhaust system, turbo charger, turbo inlet, tuned using Unichip Q. Perfect idling. No engine stalling blah blah blah... basically, a stock feeling turbo charged picanto, with enough safe reliable power to make you smile your way home.

Cornerings on this ride is surprising road hugging, we have tuned some running on coil-overs and handling wise, this ride has it. Even with the turbo charger installed, the clutch system and road handling retains the kallang rally standard. Gearing on the stock engine is a little too long, but with the turbo charger's kick in the butt feeling, this gearing is perfect.

A simple and straight forward setup, with no complications, yes, orgasm at its max. Kia picanto low pressure turbo kicks in at 3500 rpm, the rpm doesnt swipe the dashboard as fast as the wipers, but good enough to keep the owner happy.

Ken's ride enters the list as the fifth picanto turbo owner in sillypore.

I recently had the chance to commune with the bros from lancer club. Firstly this bunch of people are CRAZY! Yeah... siaoz one... hahaha... I am forbidden from listing thier names. Why? Coz, they are already farking famous, any more fame, they're fried! hahaha.... truely, this bunch of bananas are hard core sillpore car enthus! When you put me with enthus, hahaha... hell breaks loose... we went out tuning on 2 occasions... Once in a Lancer 1.5 Ex turbo running on Emanage ultimate, and in another occasion, on a Lancer 1.5Ex turbo running on Unichip Q. Well, all these monkeys now know first hand the differences between the 2 ecu. The question these monkeys asks are also complicated ones... so, I classify them as Chimpanzees... At times, the monkeys were very quiet in the car.. coz, they too felt the immense stress associated with tuning complicated cars... :) The stress level reduces only when the tuner resolves the problem... :)

These bunch of monkeys made tuning fun... we were all over sillypore... yeah... in order to test the Ex's reliability, we have to go high speeds... 150km/h ++... eh, these monkeys like very used to driving at 150++ leh... so, I classify them as Space Chimpanzees... hahaha...

So an evening filled with fun and laughter... With Space Chimpanzees... hahaha... These space chimps like Nick+Ray and company from the Swift sport turbo club have something in common... pretty girlfriends, I mean very pretty gals... hahaha... Well... fast cars and space chimps with pretty gals... sounds like a perfect combo to me... Sometimes, a bit distracting... you gotta keep you cool, relax, and stay focused on tuning the ride... hahaha...

Sam is the CB who calls the space chimps over... we waited and waited for them... hahaha... When they arrived, the base maps already done up already... all the fault codes like 1421, 1234, 1235 and 1033 all solved liaoz... hahaha... Anyway... sam wanted to share the tuning experience with space chimps la... he knows this is the kind of evening is not to be missed by them... so space chimps rushed down immediately to watch the show... :)

So, as promised... I didnt list your names... nor your car's description... just freaky space chimpanzees, ... hahaha.... Seriously, you guys rock! BTW, Tony Bro!! they know you too... you CB... hahaha.. nanti Aku pegi lu rumah mayan bola... hahaha


coming soon :
1. Brain's STI
2. 2.0L 480bhp JDM WRX on Dominator 1 turbo (track tuned)
3. Picanto NA with Unichip
4. 200 bhp Lancer 1.5 EX on emanage ultimate
+ another one Unichip Q in the same post
5. EJ20 Subaru TS running on Emanage Ultimate
6. WRX STI running on TD05-20G turbo


yeah, i know,... long list... kekeke...

No comments: